Saturday 31 August 2013

A cheap home-grown little treat for our furry friends.

As rabbit owners myself and Husband try to treat our bunnies as much as we can with a variety of fruit and vegetables, we don't give them alot cos my husband has them on strict diet, which consists of Pellets, Oats and plenty of fresh hay, our buns are far to special to be fed crap full of additives plus all the shop bought bunnie treats are so expensive so no shop bought "special treats" are allowed.
So along with a selection of home-grown herbs I grow these for them.....


                                                   A 250g box from Asda costs just 46p

                  Pop 20 - 25 peas into a container cover with soil and give a good watering


                                      
                                               And within 2weeks you'll end up with this


                           My Tommy along with our other 16 Rabbits really do love them



I tend to have 5-6 pots growing on the patio so when one is done I then repot and so on... it means I have a constant supply of greens for them to enjoy, plus you can grow them all year round which is a bonus! .. x
                                                                       







No comments:

Post a Comment