Tuesday 10 September 2013

Natures freebies...

I really do love this time of year, where I can pop on my cardie & wellies and go for a wander down the country lanes and come back laden with goodies to fill my pantry up.

I have been hooked on foraging for a good few years , well since my husband bought me Richard Mabey "food for free"  this year I am going that extra mile with gathering free food cos now I have a pantry to fill and a big one at that so I am  taking full advantage of the countryside offerings.

so far I have been really busy filling the pantry with various jams, chutneys & pickles ( will add individual photos and recipes etc to the blog when I get chance )
I have also took up wine making so all these free ingredients have come in very handy, so far I have Elderflower, Elder berry, Peach , Apple, beetroot & date on the go ready for Christmas. ( Again I will add individual recipes and photos soon)
 

Anyway...I had a spare hr this afternoon so off I went and gathered up this little lot.

These will be turned into Plum wine, Blackberry Jam and sloe Gin!

My husband went back to the plum tree this eve and collected 5ibs of plums so I will be making jam and plum brandy with those ready for christmas.

Plums have all been washed, Blackberries are soaking in salt water to get rid of the grubs and the Sloes are ripening... alll ready for me to work my magic on them tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment