Friday 14 February 2014

Britains best bakery

Been watching the Britain's best bakery on catch up, an episode I watched yesterday a lady who owned a cupcake shop in Brighton, made a rainbow cake as her speciality bake, Ooooo it looked beautiful! so thought I'd have a go, so this morning I emptied the cupboards and was gutted when all I could find was a yellow food colouring a dark pink, a purple and a light pink, I wanted green, blue and red! but with the weather being wild here I did not fancy going out to the supermarket so thought I'd make do with what I had and instead of doing 6 layers I made do with 4 due to the lack of colouring.

sooooo here it is...


Its massive as a 4 layer so gawd knows how big it would have turned out had it been a 6!
 
I'm really chuffed with how it has turned out as I never normally make cakes ..... my darling son is gonna love it when he gets home from school as he too was watching the programme with me and thought it was magic how the lady got all different colours into the cake, just hope he forgives me for pinching his tube of smarties to decorate it with!  :) x


No comments:

Post a Comment