Sunday 8 July 2012

Had time to think...

I've been  suffering with a cold for the last 4 days so not been anywhere nor done much so I've had time to think about the dreaded C word! ... normally I start planning Christmas in Sept just after the kids go back to school but whilst I've been vegging out on the sofa waiting for this blooming cold to pass I have worked out that if I  aim to get all presents bought by the end of Sept I can then use Oct to put money away for the food then Nov can be used to pay Dec & January bills upfront, which will then leave me to enjoy the run up to Christmas stress free and the whole of January to take advantage of the Jan sales to buy birthday/Christmas presents for next year.

so in in order for me to do the above I have got to be even more organised than I am now, I do feel there is room for improvement where my food shopping/meals are concerned so I am reverting back to meal planning! ... when I first jumped on the money saving wagon I found meal planning to be a god send as it kept me focused so here I am again,
Every week from now I intend to update my blog with my weekly meal plan.

For the next 3 weeks I plan on using the only food that I already have in shopping only for fresh veg/fruit and milk, All bread will be home-made 

Week 1  8th - 15th July

Sunday
Pork casserole made using half a pk of reduced pork strips, celery, sbbede, carrots, onions and peas in stock slow cooked for a few hrs and served with roast potatos

Monday
Pork & mushroom curry .. made using the other half of the pk of reduced pork strips,served with basmati rice

Tuesday
Chicken drumsticks marinated in  yoghurt and tandoori powder, served with Jacket potato & salad

Wednesday
Potato salad, with Gammon steak and salad

Thursday
 Mushroom soup, made using half a pk of Tesco value mushrooms, served with half a reduced part baked baguette I have lurking in the freezer


Friday
Our 'fakeaway' night .. this week it is going to be homemade donor meat with salad and pitta bread

Saturday
spag bol made using half a pack of reduced Beef mince I have in the freezer, the other half will be made into a lasagne for a meal next week.

Sunday
Roast Chicken, Roast potato, Carrots, cabbage, sliced beans, stuffing balls and gravy ....Chicken was reduced to half price from Aldi

Breakfasts will be Porridge, weetabix, toast & pancakes

Lunches will be, Ham, cheese or Tuna sandwiches, Tuna Salad or any leftovers from previous day

Snacks will be Home made Honey and oat biscuits, fruit cake, Yogurts or fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment