Friday 13 July 2012

More bargains & freebies.....

Just a quickie to show off a few of my treasures that I have come across this week ......


Whilst browsing on Ebay the other day I noticed a pine shelving unit that had a "Buy it now" on it for £10 now me being a pine lover I found this too much of a temptation, in the listing it did say it was a little rough and would need rewaxing ... ( The seller wasn't kidding either!!) It was filthy & had splashes of paint all over it, along with "Steven is the best" written on the bottom corner in felt tip! ...  when I went to collect I was shocked by the condition but it was the right size for the wall I wanted it to go on and I knew that there was potential and £10 isnt a great deal of money to lose if it did go horribly  wrong and it finished off being used in the shed to hold hubbys odd and ends... So yesterday out came my sander and here it is...

 Really pleased with it and sooooooo glad I took the chance and feeling very smug cos I shot my hubby right up the bum ... Whilst I was sanding he was making space for it in the shed ready as he was so sure that is where it was going to end up... :)
 


After tea I always switch on on the computer and have a little look on freecycle, and couldn't believe my luck when I saw this!




I have been after a rocking chair for years but whenever I see them they are either too expensive or I'm too late! The lady couldn't get shot of it quick enough!. it is a little rough due to age but nothing abit of TLC won't put right, I'm so chuffed with it.


I also spotted this in a local charity shop yesterday ... its a beautiful vintage Crochet table cloth couldn't believe the label when I read it  ....£1! .. think it is going to look lovely draped over the back of my chintzy sofa (Well it will when I eventually get a chintzy sofa! )



And last but not least On Monday I spotted this bookshelf on the local selling page on facebook, the lady only wanted £5 for it as it had been chipped at the front, It was the usual vile orange pine .....after 10mins in mine and my sanders company here it is.

   £5 well spent I think..........

No comments:

Post a Comment