Sunday 23 October 2011

Chicken....

Last week I was in Tesco and noticed a 4 for £12 meat deal they have on at the mo, thought this was a great deal so I picked up 2 chickens, a pack of Pork chops and a pack of Cubed beef

Well with it being a Sunday and all that I decided to do a Chicken roast, put the chicken in my slow cooker expecting it to shrink to next to nothing with it being a cheap chicken... I must admit I was pleasantly surprised!


I used 1 breast of the chicken for myself, Hubby and Jack, Portioned the leg meat off for 2 pies (1 for tomorrows tea and 1 for the freezer) Then I portioned off the other breast for the freezer and at the mo the carcass is cooking in the slowcooker for me to make a soup for our lunches next week
So that is 5 meals for the 3 of us out of one chicken that cost £3.. Well I think that is blooming good going!



My plans for tonight

Whilst I'm waiting for the stock to finish I am going to have a nice hot bubble bath followed by a nice mug of ovaltine whilst chilling on the sofa completing my list of things I need to get together to make a winter box for the car
Last year we had really bad weather down here, which Hubby got stuck in, a normally 10 minute journey took over 3hrs, poor bugger was stuck in the freezing cold on a motorway with nothing, so I aim to be prepared if the worse happens again.
So far on my list I have:
A couple of blankets
Mobile charger
Torch
Small fold up spade
Jumper
Torch
Cereal bars
Small bag of dog food (incase she is in the car if we ever get stuck)
A bottle of water
Hat, gloves & scarf (Incase the car has to be abandoned and we have to walk home)
De-icer

That is has far as I have got ... Will update when the box is complete... x

No comments:

Post a Comment