Friday 21 October 2011

Todays meals...

Made Celery soup for the very first time today, was abit unsure as I'm not normally a big celery eater but I gave it a go and I was pleasantly surprised! will definitely be doing it again

It was very cheap too!

For 3 portions
1/2 pk Celery 25p
1 Stock cube (Tesco value @10p per pack) so 1p per stock cube!
1 Onion 10p
1tbsp plain flour (Not even worth counting as it would cost less than a penny!)
1/2pt milk 25p

So total for lunch for myself and hubby and another portion for me tomorrow is: £0.61p!

It really did taste as good as it looks :) x

Tonight's dinner was Pork & apple casserole using up the pork I had left over from the pack I opened yesterday for the curry so here goes..

Pork was reduced from Tesco @ £1.89 1/2 a Pack used ... 96p
1 Onion 10p
Other half of the celery used at  Lunch time 25p
Knorr pork stock cube 15p
4 Carrots 15p
2 Parsnip out of a 39p Aldi pack 10p

Grand total for 4 portions of Casserole  £1.71
Only 2 portions were used tonight the other 2 are in the freezer so tonight dinner cost a grand total of £0.86p

Then add 40p on for the mash and 10p for the sliced green beans that makes it £1.36p!

Here it is :

All ready to be switched on!

All ready to be dished out....

All ready to be enjoyed...

No comments:

Post a Comment