Thursday 20 October 2011

Tonights dinner

Pork & Mushroom curry with egg fried rice

Pork was reduced from Tesco @ £1.89 1/2 a Pack used ... 96p
1 onion 10p
Reduced pack of Organic mushrooms 49p 1/2 pack used so 25p
I Jar of Sainsburys basic curry sauce (Don't normally use this but I have had a tin in my cupboard for the last year so thought I would get rid) 19p
1 boil in the bag Basmati rice 25p
1egg 15p

Total cost of meal £1.90 :)



If I'm honest I don't think I will use the Value sauce again, it tasted a little too bland and watery for my liking...But.. it filled our tummies, got rid of the tin of sauce and didn't cost a lot so I shouldn't complain.... :0) x

Tomorrow's menu will be:

Breakfast: Toast or cereal
Lunch: Home made Celery soup
Dinner: Pork & Apple casserole with Mashed potato's

Both the celery soup and the Pork & apple casserole are new recipes I have never tried so fingers crossed they turn out ok else it will be beans on toast for us !

No comments:

Post a Comment