Thursday 20 October 2011

Meal planning....

I do try to stick to a meal plan but something always comes along and interrupts it at the start of the week I had to scrap it due to illness, Both Jack and hubby were ill with man flu and didnt feel like eating so I wasnt going to bother just cooking for myself so we lived off sandwiches and Cakes from Sainsburys...Oooh I am sooo naughty sometimes! 

Anyway... Last night I realised we are only 9weeks away from Christmas and the freezer needs thining out so there is room for the christmas meat and most importantly I need to save some money so we can splash out on a few luxuries for us to enjoy .......so I have vowed to stick to a Low cost meal plan from today up until Dec 23rd.

I nipped into Aldi to stock up on Veggies as they do fab deals for 39p
for the grand total of £6.78 I purchased:
1 savoy cabbage
1 sweetheart cabbage
2 Bags of Parsnips
1 bag bananas
1 Bag carrots
2 x Bag of baby potatoes
1 large cucmber
1 net of lemons
1 Pack celery
1 pack of Salami
4 pints Milk
1 jar of Olives


I plan to try and make as much as I can from scratch and as low cost as I can, I am budgetting myself £120 per month to include all food, toiletries and cleaning items.. It is going to be tight but its do able.

Will update my blog everyday with menu plans & cost..Might even chuck in a few pictures

Wish me luck.... :0) x

No comments:

Post a Comment