Sunday 23 October 2011

Skint...!

Is a great word to describe what we are going to be for the next 10days
I have spent this fine Sunday afternoon sorting our finances out and doing my meal plans..I have £30 in my purse to last for the next 2 weeks so it is sooooo important I stick to it!

Thought I would share it with you.....
Monday:
B... Shreddies
L... Beans on toast
T.. Home made Chicken and mushroom pie, New potatos & Sliced beans (Chicken will be left overs from today's roast)

Tuesday:
B... Cereal or Toast
L.. Home made Chicken noodle soup ( made from the Carcass of Sundays chicken)
T..Vegetable Stew & Dumplings

Wednesday:
B.. Cereal or toast
L..Leftover chicken soup fromTuesday
T..Sausage casserole, Baby potato's & parsnips with Peas and carrots

Thursday:
B.. Cereal
L..Egg on toast
T.. Pasta bake with Garlic bread

Friday:
B.. Cereal or toast
L..HM Mushroom soup
T..Shepherds pie served with cabbage

Saturday:
B.. Pancakes
L..Mushroom soup (Left overs from Friday)
T..HM Lasagne

Sunday:
B.. Pancakes (Using Saturday's left over mix)
L..Ham sandwiches
T..Roast Chicken, roast potatos, Stuffing, Carrots, swede & cabbage with Gravy

Monday:
B.. Cereal or toast
L..Egg sandwiches
T..Chicken curry & Rice (Using Sundays left overs)

Tuesday
B..Cereal or toast
L..Chicken & mushroom soup (Made out of Sundays chicken carcass)
T..Pork chops, chips & beans

Wednesday
B..Cereal
L..Chicken & mushroom soup (LO from Tuesdays lunch)
T..Sweet n sour pork and rice (using leftover over pork from Tuesdays tea)

Thursday
B..cereal
L..Beans on toast
T..Hm Pizzas with wedges & Garlic bread

Friday
B..Cereal or toast
L..Tuna may sandwiches
T.. Spag bol

Saturday
B..Pancakes
L..Home made Potted cheese sandwiches
T..Omelette

Sunday
B..Pancakes (Made using Saturdays leftover mix)
L..Beefs casserole, Roast potatos & veg
T..Toast

Snacks will be Fruit, HM cake & Biscuits

I do have a fully stocked freezer so will only need to go and buy a few fresh items
The fresh items I will need are:
Milk (Will buy from Asda as they still have the 2 x 4pints for £3 offer on) 2 will last me a week if I water it down
Vegetables (Will shop at Aldi for these as they sell Fruit n Veg for 39p per pack)
Fruit (Aldi as above)
Bread...I only buy the fresh baked in store loaves from Tesco.. These cost £1.20 per loaf but last me 3-4 days plus I have a few loaves in the freezer for emergencies
Butter..Will switch to Tesco value unsalted butter @ £1.10 per block


Won't have any diesel either but that is not a big problem as Jack is off school so we will spend the week making Christmas decoration and de-cluttering the upstairs & if I do have to go anywhere we will just walk....We don't do enough walking anyway so it will do us good.

I have no choice but to stick to the above.. Quiet looking forward to it actually.
Depending how it goes I might do a no spend week per month to get the debts down even quicker!

Will update blog with pics/prices of today's dinner later.... x

No comments:

Post a Comment