Monday 24 October 2011

Not alot got done today...

But I did manage to cook our dinner and a cake!
Using up some of the left overs from yesterdays Chicken I made a chicken and mushroom pie for our tea

Here is the filling all ready to be covered with the pastry

I used this recipe:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chickenandmushroompi_89034

I didn't buy ready rolled pastry, but I must confess I did use this....



I can make pastry (Well I try!) But I have a good few packs of this in as I printed a few 50p off any Aunt Bessie product coupons so I have used them to buy these as with the voucher they only cost 29p & I thought they would be handy to keep in for days like today when I really couldn't be bothered to chuck my own mix together....

Here they are all covered ..



1 ready for the Oven and the other for the freezer

So out of that 1 Chicken I got 2 pies

Yesterdays Roast Chicken dinner for all 3 of us..

2 tubs for the freezer, 1 to use in a curry the other in a stew

And with the remains (Bones & skin) with a carrot, onion, bay leaf & pepper I made a huge pot of stock.. for a soup!

So that is 6 meals for 3 of us out of a £3 Chicken... Plus I have half of today's pie left over for Hubby's lunch tomorrow...

After Tea I fancied a slice of cake so out came this...

Out of all my cook books this has to be my fav when it comes to cake recipes..

Anyway had a quick flick through and decided on a Victoria sponge


So out came my special bowl

I absolutely adore this bowl and will only use it when I'm cooking cakes.

 
 Already to go in the oven


And the finished result...Not really happy with it .... I think the sponge has gone too thin think I might have gone wrong somewhere, Never mind! its still tastes nice so I'm not complaining.


Tomorrow I am going to try and bake my very first Pineapple upside down cake but for now I'm going to put my feet up with a nice cuppa and a slice of cake...

Then I shall be off to

 the land of Nod catching some Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's
Goodnight... x

No comments:

Post a Comment